Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Zambia?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Zambia highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Zambia
Abundant wildlife, scenic places, and great people. These things will surely make your stay unforgettable. Visit Zambia and travel around using your own car. Be sure to check these reminders before booking your amazing vacation.
- Traffic is on the left side of the road.
- Minimum driving age is 18 years old. Minimum car rental age is 23 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL car occupants.
- Child-restraint is a must. Children under 3 years must have child car seats and must be in the back sit.
- Hands-free is a must. Take your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 80 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in urban areas, 100 km/h in rural areas and motorways.
- Third-party insurance is required.
- No turning left on a red light.
- Watch out for police officers for random check ups.
- There are no toll roads in this country.
- Be sure to have early warning device, fire extinguisher, first aid kit and reflective vest in your car.
Driving in the Winter
There’s no winter in this country. Avoid travelling during the rainy season from November to April. Keep your emergency kit at all times. As long as you’re prepared, you’re good to go.
Enjoy your stay and have a safe travel.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement