Buy your international driving license to drive in Nigeria
All you need to drive legally in Nigeria and across West Africa
Why carry an IDP while driving in Nigeria?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Nigeria highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Nigeria
Prepare to get wet. Explore Nigeria and its amazing water attractions. If you love waterfalls, valleys and beaches, then Nigeria is for you. Get to your next destination by driving your own car. Here are some of tips on road laws in this country.
- You drive on the right side of the road.
- Minimum age to drive a car is 18 years old. Minimum age to rent a car is 25 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Drink carefully! Maximum legal blood-alcohol limit is 50 mg per 100 ml of blood. You may be imprisoned if you exceed this level.
- Speed limits for cars is 50 km/h in urban areas, 80 km/h in highways and 100 km/h in expressway.
- Do not eat or smoke while driving! It is not allowed.
- Always give way to pedestrians.
Driving in the raining season
Rainy season is difficult in Nigeria. It is not advisable to drive during rainy season when you are travelling. Roads may be flooded and potholes may be concealed. Avoid traveling from April to October.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
Free International Replacement