Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Georgia?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Georgia highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Georgia
Ancient monasteries, wines and architecture. These are the amazing things waiting for you in Georgia. It is a part of neighboring European Countries so driving your car is the best way to explore this country. Be sure to read these traffic laws to help you with your travel.
- You drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL passengers.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Drink responsibly if you are driving.
- The speed limit is 60 km/h in urban areas, 80 km in rural roads and 110 km/h on most highways.
- Be sure to rent a four-wheel drive vehicle.
- There are a lot of one-way roads in Georgia’s capital, Tbilisi. Keep your eyes on the road.
- Third-party insurance is a must.
Driving in the Winter
Georgia is one of the few countries where winter is the best time to travel. Be sure to use a four-wheel drive vehicle and equip winter tires in all your wheels. Though snow is expected, you should be good as long as you are prepared. November to March is the winter season in Georgia.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement