Traveling to Nepal?
Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Nepal?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Nepal highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Nepal
Nepal is rich in culture and has breathtaking landscapes. From Kathmandu Valley to Mount Everest and more. Better book for your own car to drive, and feel like the country is your own. Here’s a few reminder about traffic rules you must follow.
- Vehicles are driven on the left side.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for everyone.
- Hands-free is a must. Take your phone away.
- Drink and drive is not being tolerated.
- A speed limit of 80 km/h for both urban and rural areas.
- People with hearing disability are not allowed to drive.
- The number of passengers allowed in a car must not exceed its seating capacity.
- Most roads do not have lane markings. Drive attentively and defensively at all times.
- Honking is allowed.
- Traffic jams are very common in major city roads.
- Be sure to have early warning device, fire extinguisher, first aid kit and reflective vest in your car.
Driving in the Winter
Driving in this country in winter can be challenging. Snow chains are required from December to February. Likewise, please be informed that from June to September, many of the mountain and hill roads are impassable. Keep your emergency kits handy at all times. As long as you’re prepared, you’re good to go.
Enjoy the culture and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Trusted by over 100,000+ drivers across 185 countries
RM, United States
Off to work on an international…
Ron, United States
When They Say Expedited, They Mean It!
Dacia Clark, United States
Wow. Easy solutions. 5 Stars!
Kevin Groom, United States
Quick and efficient!
Mike Rudd, United States
Mike, traveling to Italy..
On the train in Italy from Rome to…
Barsam Dokh, United States
The service is great....!
Barsam Dokh, United States
I just applied this, an hour ago…., and now I’ve already got my Digital International Driving licence.
They said that I’ve to wait for about 6 hours, but….they lied. Less than an hour I got it.
Now I’m waiting for the copy of the printed ID and Booklet.
hope it also can amazed me…..
Bex Elm Street, Australia
I was worried because I found out I…
Lisa was simply amazing
Tony Morioka, United States
License for Dubai
Daniela Castillo, Ecuador
I was so stressed out when i needed an…
I had some problem to charge my…
Giada Callizaya, Australia
Lisa was very helpfull.
Quick, easy, and professional
Mike Wessells, United States
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement