Why carry an IDP while driving in Nepal?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Nepal highly recommends an International Driving Permit.Order my International Driving Permit Now
Driving Rules in Nepal
Nepal is rich in culture and has breathtaking landscapes. From Kathmandu Valley to Mount Everest and more. Better book for your own car to drive, and feel like the country is your own. Here’s a few reminder about traffic rules you must follow.
- Vehicles are driven on the left side.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for everyone.
- Hands-free is a must. Take your phone away.
- Drink and drive is not being tolerated.
- A speed limit of 80 km/h for both urban and rural areas.
- People with hearing disability are not allowed to drive.
- The number of passengers allowed in a car must not exceed its seating capacity.
- Most roads do not have lane markings. Drive attentively and defensively at all times.
- Honking is allowed.
- Traffic jams are very common in major city roads.
- Be sure to have early warning device, fire extinguisher, first aid kit and reflective vest in your car.
Driving in the Winter
Driving in this country in winter can be challenging. Snow chains are required from December to February. Likewise, please be informed that from June to September, many of the mountain and hill roads are impassable. Keep your emergency kits handy at all times. As long as you’re prepared, you’re good to go.
Enjoy the culture and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
1. Apply Online
Start your application for International Driver's License Get the IDP.
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
+ International ReplacementOrder my International Driving Permit Now
- 100% money back guarantee
- Fast International Shipping
- Digital Version Delivered in 2 Hours or Less