Traveling to indonesia?
Get Your International Driver's Permit for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Indonesia?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Indonesia highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Indonesia
Up for a real-life temple run? Discover Indonesia and be amazed by this amazing country. Driving in Indonesia can be challenging. However, if you familiarize yourself with a few rules and you will do just fine!
- Drive on the left side of the road.
- Minimum age to drive is 17 years old, and for car rental is 23 years old.
- Seat belt for ALL passengers is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phone away unless it is hands-free.
- Do not drink and drive in Indonesia!
- Speed limit in Indonesia is 50 km/h in urban areas, 80 km/h in rural roads and 100 km/h in motorways.
- Be sure to have first aid kit, early warning device, reflective vest and fire extinguisher in your car at all times.
Driving in the Winter
Winter is not a concern. Drive with extra caution from November to March as it is rainy season. Indonesian roads are pretty slippery so always check your tires.
Enjoy your trip and have a safe travel!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
Free International Replacement