Why carry an IDP while driving in Indonesia?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Indonesia highly recommends an International Driving Permit.Order my International Driving Permit Now
Driving Rules in Indonesia
Up for a real-life temple run? Discover Indonesia and be amazed by this amazing country. Driving in Indonesia can be challenging. However, familiarize yourself with a few rules and you will do just fine!
- Drive on the left side of the road.
- Minimum age to drive is 17 years old, and for car rental is 23 years old.
- Seat belt for ALL passengers is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phone away unless it is hands-free.
- Do not drink and drive in Indonesia!
- Speed limit in Indonesia is 50 km/h in urban areas, 80 km/h in rural roads and 100 km/h in motorways.
- Be sure to have first aid kit, early warning device, reflective vest and fire extinguisher in your car at all times.
Driving in the Winter
Winter is not a concern. Drive with extra caution from November to March as it is rainy season. Indonesian roads are pretty slippery so always check your tires.
Enjoy your trip and have a safe travel!
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
1. Apply Online
Start your application for International Driver's License Get the IDP.
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Above and beyond service
At first I was disappointed in my order. Little did I realize the problem was caused by my own error. The Customer Service rep, who first addressed my issue, did not seem to address the issues. However, in a further exchange of emails, it was discovered where the problem was, in an error I made. Throughout the entire issue the customer service folks were courteous and helpful. The issue was finally resolved and the customer service people bent over backward to make sure I was satisfied. I am very pleased with the service I received
Trusted by thousands of clients from
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
+ International Replacement
- 100% money back guarantee
- Fast International Shipping
- Digital Version Delivered in 2 Hours or Less