Traveling to malaysia?
Get Your International Driver's Permit for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Malaysia?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Malaysia highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Malaysia
Looking for an island vacation with the entire family? Malaysia’s collection of the best Indian, Thai and Chinese foods are inviting you! Explore one destination to another by driving your own car. Keep these reminders handy.
- Drive on the left hand side of the road.
- Minimum age to drive is 17 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phone away unless it is hands-free.
- The legal limit for alcohol while driving in Malaysia is 80 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- Speed limit in Malaysia is 60 km/h in urban areas, 90 km/h in rural roads and 110 km/h in motorways.
- Double yellow lines means NO parking.
- Watch out for a yellow diamond with black pattern sign. It is a threat sign.
Driving in the Winter
Malaysia has a tropical climate so winter is not a concern. Be careful when driving during rainy season as Malaysian roads can be slippery.
Malaysia truly is Asia. Enjoy and have a safe travel!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
Free International Replacement