Traveling to GERMANY?
Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Germany?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Germany highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Germany
Visit and explore the classical music capital of the world. International Driving Permit is required if you are planning to visit Germany if you do not intend to become resident. It is a must to carry with you a valid driver’s license as well as valid passport.
Driving in Germany can be a very pleasant experience as the scenery is beautiful and the roads are well maintained. Nevertheless, there are some rules and regulations to keep in mind:
- Germans drive on the right side of the road.
- Speed limit in Germany is 50 km/h on urban areas, 100 km/h outside built-up areas and 130 km/h on highways.
- The blood-alcohol limit is 0.5 mg of alcohol per mm of blood.
- Children who are under 1.50 m must sit in the back seat.
Driving in the Winter
Driving a car in German roads in winter shouldn’t be a huge problem if you drive carefully and with winter tires. According to the new regulation from 1 January 2018, tires with M+S symbol will no longer be accepted on German roads during winter season. Make sure your winter or all-season tires have the Alpine symbol on it.
Please also bear in mind that days are shorter in winter season, getting dark at 3.30pm – 4pm. It is advised to plan carefully your sight-seeing options during this period to avoid the risk of getting stuck in the middle of nowhere.
How to get your IDP
1. Start your application for International Driver's License here.
2. Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement