Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Philippines?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Philippines highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Philippines
The Pearl of the Orient. Known for its world-class beaches and nature spots. Discover Philippines and fall in love with the country. Driving in major cities can be difficult. Given the poor public transportation in the country, it is advisable to drive your own car. Be sure to check these reminders before hopping in a car.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 16 years old. The minimum rental age is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 50 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 30 km/h in urban areas, 50 km in rural roads and 100 km/h on most expressways.
- Watch out for traffic officers.
Driving in the Winter
The Philippines is a tropical land, so there’s no winter here. However, you need to be extra cautious driving during rainy season. Roads may be flooded. Avoid travelling from June to October.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement