Traveling to portugal?
Get Your International Driver's Permit for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Portugal?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Portugal highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Portugal
Explore Portugal through your own car and experience medieval castles, great food and beautiful beaches. The road connections and traffic are great. These are some of the tips to ensure you enjoy your stay.
- Use right-hand drive vehicles.
- Minimum age to drive is 18 years old. Minimum age to rent a car is 23 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phone away unless it is hands-free.
- Drink moderately. Permitted alcohol level is 50 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- Speed limit for cars is 50 km/h in urban areas and 120 km/h in highways.
- Safety camera warning device is not allowed.
- Give way to cars flashing their lights.
- Do not throw your trash out of the window. You will be fined!
- Be sure to have early warning device, reflective vest and first aid kit in your car.
Driving in the Winter
Winter in Portugal is tolerable. You are most likely to experience hot weather than snows and rains. Just be sure to have emergency kits in your vehicle and you will be fine.
Enjoy your trip and have safe travel!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
Free International Replacement