Traveling to france?
Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in France?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. France highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in France
The romance capital of the world is waiting for you. Visit France to embark in a journey of culture, food, heritage, art and romance. France is part of neighboring European Countries so driving your own car is a must! Take note of these important reminders.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- You must be 18 years old to drive in France.
- Safety first so seat belt is a must for ALL passengers. You will be fined if passengers are not wearing seat belts.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Tolerated blood alcohol level in France is 50 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- Children are not allowed to sit in the front of the car.
- Speed limits for driving in France is 130 km/hr (just over 80 mph) or 110 km/hr in rain for motorways, 110 km/hr on dual carriageways, 80 km/hr on main roads and 50 km/hr in urban areas.
- Be sure to have reflective vest, early warning device and a breathalyzer in your car.
Driving in the Winter
France has great road safety measures during winter season, so no worries on extensive preparations. Just be sure to have winter tires on and drive with care.
Enjoy France and have a safe travel!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement