Traveling to ITALY?
Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Italy?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Italy highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Italy
History, culture, fashion, art, literature, nature, music, and food. Italy is the place to be. Since Italy is a part of neighboring European Countries, it is highly recommended to drive your own car. Be sure to check some of the known laws for driving in Italy.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- Minimum age to drive a car is 18 years old. Minimum age to rent a car is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phone away unless it is hands-free. Otherwise, you will be fined!
- Drive moderately if you are driving. Maximum alcohol level limit is 50mg per 100ml of blood.
- Safety camera warning devices are not allowed.
- The speed limit is 50km/h in town and city areas, 80km/h on local roads, 100km/h on national roads and 120km/h on highways.
- Be sure to have reflective vest and early warning device in your car at all times.
- In case of emergency, keep your hazard lights on.
Driving in Winter
Italian winter is a driving challenge. As long as you have winter tires on, you will be good. Keep safety and emergency kits in your car as well. Keep your headlights on at all time if visibility is poor.
Indulge and have a safe travel!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement