Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Cyprus?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Cyprus highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Cyprus
See ancient ruins and archaeological sites. Discover Cyprus and be amazed. Use your own car to drive from one tourist spot to another. Take time to check some of the traffic rules this country has.
- Drive on the left side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL passengers.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Avoid drinking. The legal alcohol limit is 20 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in urban areas, 65 km in rural roads and 100 km/h in expressways.
- Drive defensively. Locals tend to violate traffic rules.
- Watch out for speed cameras located all over the country.
Driving in the Winter
Winter in Cyprus can be difficult. Be sure to have winter tires in all your wheels. Snow chains are required if you are driving into the mountains. Keep your emergency kits handy in case you might need them. As long as you are prepared for the worst, you will be ok!
Enjoy exploring Cyprus!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement