International driving license for visitors to South Korea
Rent a car during your trip to South Korea
Why carry an IDP while driving in South Korea?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. South Korea highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in South Korea
Discover one of the jewels of the world, South Korea. Visits palaces, temples and fortresses that captivate your imagination. South Korea offers the unique blend of where ancient world meets technology. Drive your own car to get from one place to another. Prepare yourself by reading these few tips on traffic laws.
- Traffic moves on the right side of the road.
- Minimum age to drive is 18 years old. Minimum age to rent is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL passengers.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 50 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- Speed limit is 30 km/h in urban areas, 60 km/h in rural areas and 80 km/h on highways.
- You can turn to the left only if you see a corresponding left arrow signal.
- Watch out for surveillance cameras.
- Be sure to have early warning device, fire extinguisher, first aid kit and reflective vest in your car.
Driving in the Winter
Winter season is from December to February. Be sure to equip winter tires in all wheels. Keep your emergency kit at all times. Plan your trip accordingly.
Enjoy the country and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Trusted by over 100,000+ drivers across 185 countries
RM, United States
Off to work on an international…
Ron, United States
When They Say Expedited, They Mean It!
Dacia Clark, United States
Wow. Easy solutions. 5 Stars!
Kevin Groom, United States
Quick and efficient!
Mike Rudd, United States
Mike, traveling to Italy..
On the train in Italy from Rome to…
Barsam Dokh, United States
The service is great....!
Barsam Dokh, United States
I just applied this, an hour ago…., and now I’ve already got my Digital International Driving licence.
They said that I’ve to wait for about 6 hours, but….they lied. Less than an hour I got it.
Now I’m waiting for the copy of the printed ID and Booklet.
hope it also can amazed me…..
Bex Elm Street, Australia
I was worried because I found out I…
Lisa was simply amazing
Tony Morioka, United States
License for Dubai
Daniela Castillo, Ecuador
I was so stressed out when i needed an…
I had some problem to charge my…
Giada Callizaya, Australia
Lisa was very helpfull.
Quick, easy, and professional
Mike Wessells, United States
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement