Why carry an IDL while driving in Australia?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Australia highly recommends an International Driving License.Order my International Driving Permit Now
Driving Rules in Australia
Visit the country down south. Driving your own car is the best way to explore Australia on your terms. Be sure to familiarize yourself with a few rules this wonderful country has. Australia is large so do your research to enjoy your trip.
- Australia uses the metric system. Distances are in meters and kilometers. Speed is in kilometers per hour.
- Minimum age to drive is 18 years old. Minimum age to rent a car is 21 years old.
- The maximum allowed speed limit is 50 km/h on urban roads, 100 km/h on rural roads and 100-130 km/h on highways. Watch out for speed camera too!
- Australians drive on the left side of the road.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Do not drink and drive! The blood alcohol limit is 0.05% throughout Australia.
- Many of Australian native animals are nocturnal so keep your light, eyes and attention on the road.
Keep calm and drive safe!
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
1. Apply Online
Start your application for International Driver's License here.
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
+ International ReplacementOrder my International Driving Permit Now
- 100% money back guarantee
- Fast International Shipping
- Digital Version Delivered in 2 Hours or Less