Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in San Marino?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. San Marino highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in San Marino
Explore the Rocca Guaita! San Marino offers one of the most beautiful sights in the world. Get in touch with your inner peace while driving your own car to complete your wonderful experience. Read San Marino’s important traffic laws before you head out.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum age to drive is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL car passengers.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phone away unless it is hands-free.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 50 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h on urban roads, 90 km/h on rural roads and 130 km/h on highways.
- Third-party insurance is mandatory.
- You are required to drive with dipped headlights.
Driving in the Winter
Driving during winter in San Marino can be challenging. You are required to use snow chains from October to April. Keep your emergency kits handy at all times. As long as you’re prepared, you’re good to go.
Enjoy the view and travel safely!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement