Why carry an IDP while driving in San Marino?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. San Marino highly recommends an International Driving Permit.Order my International Driving Permit Now
Driving Rules in San Marino
Explore the Rocca Guaita! San Marino offers one of the most beautiful sights in the world. Get in touch with your inner peace while visiting this country. Drive your own car to complete your wonderful experience. Read San Marino’s important traffic laws before you head out.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum age to drive is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL car passengers.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phone away unless it is hands-free.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 50 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h on urban roads, 90 km/h on rural roads and 130 km/h on highways.
- Third-party insurance is mandatory.
- You are required to drive with dipped headlights.
Driving in the Winter
Driving during winter in San Marino can be challenging. You are required to use snow chains from October to April. Keep your emergency kits handy at all times. As long as you’re prepared, you’re good to go.
Enjoy the view and travel safely!
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
1. Apply Online
Start your application for International Driver's License Get the IDP.
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Quick, easy, and professional
When I learned that I’ll need to show an International Driving Permit on short notice, I was uncertain how much trouble it would be and whether it would even be possible. So I went to the International Drivers Association website, where the entire process was very easy to follow. I was happy to receive my permit within 2 hours! I highly recommend this service.
Trusted by thousands of clients from
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
+ International Replacement
- 100% money back guarantee
- Fast International Shipping
- Digital Version Delivered in 2 Hours or Less