Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Albania?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Albania highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Albania
Explore ruins, dive in the ocean and hike in the mountains. These are some of the things that you can do in Albania. Drive your own car to get to one tourist spot to another with relative ease. Take note some of these reminders to help you.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Avoid drinking if you are driving. The legal alcohol limit is 10 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in urban areas and 110 km/h on highways.
- Road tax will be charged upon entering Albania. Keep the receipt!
- Be sure to keep a fire extinguisher, early warning device, reflective vest, spare bulbs and first aid kit in your car
Driving in the Winter
Winter in Albania can be rough. The snow can make visibility difficult. Be sure to keep your lights on at all times. Put on winter tires in all wheels. Have your emergency kits ready.
Relax and stay safe!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement