Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Netherlands?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Netherlands highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Netherlands
Flat landscape of canals, tulip fields, windmills and cycling routes. Admire the art of Netherlands. What are you waiting for? Hop in and feel every scenic place while driving your own car. Be mindful of these traffic rules to make your stay even more exciting.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum legal driving age is 18 years old and 16 years old when driving a moped.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL car passengers.
- Child-restraint is a must. Children shorter than 1.35 m must be ridden in a child seat.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 50 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in cities, 80 km/h in other roads, and 100-130 km/h in highways.
- Third-party insurance is mandatory
- Always pay attention to cyclist. They are everywhere.
- Dipped headlights after dark is a must.
- Better watch out as speed cameras and traps are widely used in the Netherlands.
Driving in the Winter
Driving during winter season in this country can be challenging. Drive with lights on and make sure you have snow tires. Keep your emergency kits handy at all times. As long as you’re prepared, you’re good to go.
Enjoy the art and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement