Traveling to AUSTRIA?
Get Your International Driver's Permit for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Austria?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Austria highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Austria
Drive across Austria in your own car. See the wonderful sights of Vienna, Salzburg, and Hallstatt! To ensure that you will enjoy your trip to, be sure to read the driving rules in this country you wish to visit.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- Buckle up! Seat belt is a must or you will be fined.
- Minimum age to drive a car is 18 years old. Minimum age to rent a car is 21 years old.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away while driving.
- First aid kit is a must.
- You can go as fast as 50 km/h in urban areas, 100 km/h in rural areas and 130 km/h on highways.
- Children is not allowed to sit in front. Otherwise, you need a properly installed car seat and have the airbags disabled.
- Early warning device and reflective vest is required.
Driving in the Winter
Driving a car through Austria winter can be challenging. Make sure that you are using winter tires or snow chains, especially from November to April as they are mandatory. All-season tires are also accepted. It is helpful to keep spares in the trunk as well as early warning devices.
There are a lot of control points across Austria so be sure to follow these directives.
Enjoy your trip and have a safe travel!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
Free International Replacement