Traveling to ireland?
Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Ireland?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Ireland highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Ireland
Go castle-hopping with a perfect pint in your hands in Ireland. Experience the land called Emerald Isle through your own car. It is recommended to drive so you can enjoy Ireland to the fullest. Just remember some of the rules before hopping on a road trip.
- You drive on the left-hand side of the road.
- Minimum age to drive a car is 17 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL passengers.
- Drive moderately if you are driving. A large fine is due for violating alcohol level limit.
- Safety camera warning devices are not allowed. You will be fined.
- The speed limit is 50km/h in town and city areas, 80km/h on local roads, 100km/h on national roads and 120km/h on highways.
- Third-party insurance is mandatory.
Driving in Winter
Winter in Ireland can be difficult. Use winter tires in all wheels. Snow chains are required for snow-covered areas. Keep your headlights on at all times. Check your vehicle coolant as it may freeze!
Enjoy your stay and have a safe travel.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement