Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Liechtenstein?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Liechtenstein highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Liechtenstein
Be captivated by Medieval castles and alpine landscapes that will surely give you peace. Explore this great country through your own car. Prepare for your trip by checking some of the road traffic rules of Liechtenstein.
- Driving is on the right side of the road.
- Minimum driving age is 18 years old. Minimum car rental age is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for everyone.
- Child-restraint is a must. Children under 12 years and less than 150 cm must have child car seats. Children under 7 years old must be in the back sit.
- Hands-free is a must. Take your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 50 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 30 km/h in residential districts, 50 km/h in populated places, 80 km/h outside the populated places and 120 km/h on highways.
- Third-party insurance is required.
- Honking at night is prohibited.
- Wearing contact lenses and/or glasses? Make sure to have spare one in the car.
- Be sure to have early warning device, fire extinguisher, first aid kit and reflective vest in your car.
Driving in the Winter
Driving in this country in winter can be challenging. Snow chains are required from December to March. Keep your emergency kit at all times. As long as you’re prepared, you’re good to go.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement