Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Bulgaria?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Bulgaria highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Bulgaria
Experience a culture that dates back to 5th Century BC. Discover Bulgaria and feel its diversity. Drive around this wonderful country to maximize your itinerary. Be sure to check these reminders to learn the basic traffic rules in this country.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL passengers.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Avoid drinking if driving. Drunk driving is prohibited.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in urban areas, 90 km in rural roads and 130 km/h in highways.
- Safety camera warning device is not allowed.
- You’re not allowed to wear sunglasses, stilettos and flip-flops. You are also not permitted to eat and smoke while driving.
- Be sure to have early warning device, reflective vest, fire extinguisher and first aid kit in your car at all times.
Driving in the Winter
Winter in Bulgaria can be difficult. It is mandatory to have winter tires in all wheels from November to March. Dipped headlights are also required. Keep your emergency kits handy. With these preparations, you will be good.
Enjoy your stay and have a safe travel.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement