Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Luxembourg?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Luxembourg highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Luxembourg
Advanced economy and one of the world’s highest GDP. Experience exquisite living in this country. Feel the fancy life while driving your car! Be sure to check these reminders to make your stay remarkable.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18. The minimum rental age is 23.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Child safety seat is a must.
- Both hands on steering wheel at all times.
- Drink moderately. Legal alcohol limit is 50 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- Speed limit is 50 km/h in urban areas, 90 km/h in rural roads, and 130 km/h in motorways.
- Suggestive cycle trails are present.
- Luxembourg has “system of pull” law.
- Be attentive to all road markings.
- Be sure to have early warning device, fire extinguisher, first aid kit and reflective vest in your car.
Driving in the Winter
Driving during winter season can be challenging. Black ice or ice sheets are present on the road when it’s frost. Thus, you are required to have winter tires. Be sure that your tires are either “M&S”, “M. S.”, or “M+S” to indicate “Mud and Snow”. This is a requirement in Luxembourg. Keep your emergency kit at all times. As long as you’re prepared, you’re good to go.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement