Why carry an IDP while driving in Croatia?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Croatia highly recommends an International Driving Permit.Order my International Driving Permit Now
Driving Rules in Croatia
Discover Croatia and visit the fabled Dubrovnik, relax at the beach, and enjoy the amazing cuisines. Drive your own car as you explore this amazing country and make sure to be mindful of these important reminders.
- Drive on the right hand side of the road.
- The minimum age to drive is 18 years old. Minimum age to rent a car is 21 years old.
- Do not drink and drive.
- Speed limits in Croatia is 50 km/h in urban areas, 80 km/h – 90 km/h outside urban areas and 110 km/h on expressways.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phone away unless hands-free.
- Do not hitchhike. Avoid stopping for those trying to.
- Avoid getting off the road! There are scattered landmines around Croatia.
- Headlights are on all the time.
- Third-party insurance is obligatory.
- Do not horn unless it is an emergency.
Driving in the Winter
There are two climates in Croatia. Depending on where you are planning to visit you will be affected by the climate along the coastline or the other affecting the interior of the country. You will most likely find snow in the interior of the country, where it can be pretty heavy during the winter season.
Just keep your winter tires on and you will be fine.
Game on and safe travels!
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
1. Apply Online
Start your application for International Driver's License Get the IDP.
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Quick, easy, and professional
When I learned that I’ll need to show an International Driving Permit on short notice, I was uncertain how much trouble it would be and whether it would even be possible. So I went to the International Drivers Association website, where the entire process was very easy to follow. I was happy to receive my permit within 2 hours! I highly recommend this service.
Trusted by thousands of clients from
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
+ International Replacement
- 100% money back guarantee
- Fast International Shipping
- Digital Version Delivered in 2 Hours or Less