Traveling to Croatia?
Get Your International Driver's Permit for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Croatia?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Croatia highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Croatia
Discover Croatia and visit the fabled Dubrovnik, relax at the beach, and enjoy the amazing cuisines. Drive your own car as you explore this amazing country and make sure to be mindful of these important reminders.
- Drive on the right hand side of the road.
- The minimum age to drive is 18 years old. Minimum age to rent a car is 21 years old.
- Do not drink and drive.
- Speed limits in Croatia is 50 km/h in urban areas, 80 km/h – 90 km/h outside urban areas and 110 km/h on expressways.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phone away unless hands-free.
- Do not hitchhike. Avoid stopping for those trying to.
- Avoid getting off the road! There are scattered landmines around Croatia.
- Headlights are on all the time.
- Third-party insurance is obligatory.
- Do not horn unless it is an emergency.
Driving in the Winter
There are two climates in Croatia. Depending on where you are planning to visit. You will be affected by the climate along the coastline or the other affecting the interior of the country. You will most likely find snow in the interior of the country, where it can be pretty heavy during the winter season.
Just keep your winter tires on and you will be fine.
Game on and safe travels!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
Free International Replacement