Why carry an IDP while driving in North Macedonia?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. North Macedonia highly recommends an International Driving Permit.Order my International Driving Permit Now
Driving Rules in North Macedonia
Explore one of the underrated sites in all Europe, North Macedonia. Home of the mythical Alexander the Great, North Macedonia has ancient monasteries, statuary, Byzantine ruins and so much more. Drive your own car to get to one tourist spot to another with relative ease. Take note some of these reminders to help you.
- North Macedonia is a right-hand drive country.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 25 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Keep your phones away at all times while driving. Even hands-free is not allowed.
- Drink responsibly. The maximum blood alcohol level is 50 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in rural areas, 80 km/h in urban areas and 100 km/h on highways.
- Keep your headlights on at all times.
- Change money in advance to pay your toll. Keep in mind that you should pay in local currency and by cash.
- Be sure to keep a fire extinguisher, early warning device, reflective vest, spare bulbs and first aid kit in your car.
Driving in the Winter
Winter in North Macedonia is tolerable. Winter is from December to early April. Be sure to keep your lights on at all times. Put on winter tires in all wheels. Have your emergency kits ready. Snow chains are required.
Relax and stay safe!
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
1. Apply Online
Start your application for International Driver's License here.
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
+ International ReplacementOrder my International Driving Permit Now
- 100% money back guarantee
- Fast International Shipping
- Digital Version Delivered in 2 Hours or Less