Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Guernsey?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Guernsey highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Guernsey
Travel to this island country between England and France. Guernsey are filled with historical places that can only be seen in this country. Drive your own car to complete the fun. Check these reminders to maximize the experience!
- You drive on the left side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 17 years old. The minimum rental age is 20 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Drink responsibly. The legal alcohol limit is 80 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 20 km/h in urban areas and 35 km in rural roads.
- Parking is free in Guernsey. However, it is difficult to find a spot during peak season.
- Third-party insurance is mandatory.
Driving in the Winter
Winter driving in Guernsey is a challenging. The roads are narrow and busy. Be sure to have winter tires in all your wheels. Keep your emergency kits handy at all times. Plan your trip accordingly to enjoy your vacation to the fullest.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement