Traveling to sweden?
Get Your International Driver's Permit for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Sweden?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Sweden highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Sweden
Be amazed by the place where modern architecture meets historical landmarks. Fulfill your dream vacation in Sweden while driving your own car to explore the wonders of this country. Take note some of the rules Sweden has on traffic.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- Minimum age to drive a car is 18 years old. Minimum age to rent a car is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phone away unless it is hands-free.
- Avoid drinking if you are driving. The maximum alcohol level is 20 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- Speed limit for 50 km/h in urban areas and 110 km/h in highways.
- Dipped headlights is a must at ALL times.
- Third-party insurance is mandatory.
Driving in the Winter
Winter driving in Sweden, like any other European Country, is a bit challenging. You must have winter tires in all wheels from November to April. All weather tires are also accepted. Snow chains are required if you are driving heavier vehicles.
Enjoy Sweden and have a safe travel!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
Free International Replacement