Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Finland?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Finland highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Finland
This amazing underrated country is waiting for you. Visit Finland and explore this beautiful land. Go skiing and see historic places. Finland is a part of neighboring European Countries so driving your own car is a must. Be sure to check these reminders before heading out.
- You drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL passengers.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Do not Drink and Drive. Finland has a very strict drunk driving limit.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in urban areas, 80 km in rural roads and 120 km/h on highways.
- Watch out for random checkpoints. Police will require you to blow in a breathalyzer.
- Third-party insurance is mandatory.
Driving in the Winter
Winter in Finland can be difficult for tourists. Be sure to have winter tires in all your wheels from December to February. Keep your emergency kits handy at all times. Even though winter driving requires caution and attention, the roads in Finland are in excellent condition.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement