Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Slovakia?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Slovakia highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Slovakia
Officially Slovak Republic, is a landlocked country in Central Europe. Explore natural treasures and historical monuments to rich folk culture. Slovakia is a part of European neighboring countries so driving your own car is a must. Look for some tips before beginning your journey.
- In Slovakia, they drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phone away unless it is hands-free.
- Drunk driving is prohibited.
- The maximum speed limit is 50 km/h in cities, 90 km/h on small roads and 130 km/h on highways.
- Give way to the traffic from the right.
Driving in the Winter
There are lot of mountains pass overs on the roads from the south to the north of Slovakia. Try to avoid them in winter if possible. If there is snow or glare ice, it is good to use tire chains.
You must have a first-aid kit when traveling as well as reflective vest on your car if you ever need a tire traction. Sometimes, the best way to stay safe is to avoid driving until winter storm passes.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement