Why carry an IDP while driving in Gibraltar?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Gibraltar highly recommends an International Driving Permit.Order my International Driving Permit Now
Driving Rules in Gibraltar
Visit the great rock of Gibraltar. This small country is a beautiful place to visit. The towering Rock of Gibraltar is a sight to behold that can be seen from miles away! Use your own car to drive around this country. Before heading out, take time to read some of the traffic laws this country has.
- Gibraltar is a right-hand driving country.
- The minimum driving age is 16 years old. The minimum rental age is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Avoid drinking if you are driving.
- The speed limit is 30 km/h in urban areas and 50 km/h on most roads.
- There are toll roads in Gibraltar so prepare your changes.
- Third-party insurance is mandatory.
Driving in the Winter
Snow is expected during winter in Gibraltar. Be sure to have winter tires in all your wheels. Keep your emergency kits handy at all times. Plan your trip accordingly to avoid travelling during winter season.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
1. Apply Online
Start your application for International Driver's License Get the IDP.
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
+ International ReplacementOrder my International Driving Permit Now
- 100% money back guarantee
- Fast International Shipping
- Digital Version Delivered in 2 Hours or Less