Why carry an IDP while driving in Jersey?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Jersey highly recommends an International Driving Permit.Order my International Driving Permit Now
Driving Rules in Jersey
The largest Channel Island in the English Channel. Jersey is waiting to be explored. Visit the famed Elizabeth Castle while you are there. Make your trip much more memorable by driving your own car. Here are a few reminders before heading out.
- Jersey drives on the left side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL passengers.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Drive sober. Jersey has the same alcohol level limit as the UK so do not drive and drive.
- The speed limit is 20 km/h in urban areas, 30 km in rural roads and 60 km/h on the rest of the island.
- Do not park on slipways and near beaches.
Driving in the Winter
Travellers claim that winter is the best time to visit Jersey, particularly November. As long as you follow the traffic laws, you are good to go. Be sure to have winter tires in all your wheels for added precaution.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
1. Apply Online
Start your application for International Driver's License here.
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
+ International ReplacementOrder my International Driving Permit Now
- 100% money back guarantee
- Fast International Shipping
- Digital Version Delivered in 2 Hours or Less