Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Belgium?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Belgium highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Belgium
Have a bite of waffle. Indulge in a bunch of chocolates. Visit Belgium’s Renaissance-inspired architecture. It is best to drive your own car since it is a part of neighboring European Countries. Be sure to check a few reminders on road traffic rules.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 59 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 20 km/h in urban areas, 90 km in rural roads and 120 km/h in highways.
- Safety camera warning device is not allowed in Belgium.
- Be sure to have early warning device, reflective vest, fire extinguisher and first aid kit in your car at all times.
Driving in the Winter
Like most European Countries, you need to have winter tires in all wheels when driving in winter in Belgium. Keep your emergency kits handy. If snow gets too thick, you may need to use snow chains.
Enjoy your stay and have a safe travel.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement