Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Romania?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Romania highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Romania
Adore every detail of well preserved arts and culture of Romania while taking a sip of their soft wines. Wander and feel excited by driving your own car. Take this few reminders while on the road.
- Traffic moves on the right side of the road.
- Minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is mandatory for ALL car occupants.
- Child-restraint is a must. Children under 12 years must be in the back sit.
- Take your phone away unless they are hands-free.
- Drink and drive is strictly prohibited.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in residential areas, 90 km/h on public roads and 130 km/h on highways.
- Road tax sticker is required.
- It is illegal to horn from 10 P.M to 6 A.M in residential areas.
- ALWAYS park at the right side of the traffic direction.
- Be sure to have early warning device, fire extinguisher, first aid kit and reflective vest in your car.
Driving in the Winter
Driving in this country in winter can be challenging. Appropriate winter tires and snow chains are required from December to February. Keep your emergency kit at all times. As long as you’re prepared, you’re good to go.
Enjoy your trip and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement