Why carry an IDP while driving in Montenegro?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Montenegro highly recommends an International Driving Permit.Order my International Driving Permit Now
Driving Rules in Montenegro
One of Europe’s hidden gems, discover Montenegro now! Explore historic monastery, admire the Port of Kotor, stay in luxurious resorts or even charter your own yacht. Drive your own car to get to one tourist spot to another with relative ease. Take note some of these reminders to help you.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Avoid drinking and driving.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in rural areas, 80 km/h in urban areas and 100 km/h on highways.
- Keep your headlights on at all times.
- Locals drive aggressively. Practice defensive driving to avoid inconveniences.
- Be sure to keep a fire extinguisher, early warning device, reflective vest, spare bulbs and first aid kit in your car.
Driving in the Winter
Winter in Montenegro can be rough. The snow can make visibility difficult. Be sure to keep your lights on at all times. Put on winter tires in all wheels. Have your emergency kits ready. Snow chains are required from November to March.
Relax and stay safe!
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
1. Apply Online
Start your application for International Driver's License Get the IDP.
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Above and beyond service
At first I was disappointed in my order. Little did I realize the problem was caused by my own error. The Customer Service rep, who first addressed my issue, did not seem to address the issues. However, in a further exchange of emails, it was discovered where the problem was, in an error I made. Throughout the entire issue the customer service folks were courteous and helpful. The issue was finally resolved and the customer service people bent over backward to make sure I was satisfied. I am very pleased with the service I received
Trusted by thousands of clients from
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
+ International Replacement
- 100% money back guarantee
- Fast International Shipping
- Digital Version Delivered in 2 Hours or Less