Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Vatican City?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Vatican City highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Vatican City
Explore the smallest country in the world. Snap a picture at the world-famous Saint Peter’s Square and museums. To enjoy this, you must drive your own car. Read these tips and be guided in your driving.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18. The minimum age to rent a car is 21.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Talking and texting while driving is not allowed.
- Drink responsibly as there are no blood alcohol level limit in Vatican City.
- The maximum allowed speed limit is 50 km/h on urban road, 90 km/h on rural roads and 130 km/h on highways.
- Do not bring your own child seat.
- You must carry a warning road triangle and a reflective vest.
Driving in the Winter
Vatican City has pleasant Mediterranean weather so there is no problem in traveling anytime for the whole year.
Enjoy and have a safe travel!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement