Traveling to poland?
Get Your International Driver's Permit for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Poland?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Poland highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Poland
The Wawel Dragon awaits you. Visit Poland and explore the wonders of this country. Be sure to grab their famous pretzels along the way. Poland is large so driving your own car is a must! Keep in mind their rules to maximize your experience.
- Drive on the right hand side of the road.
- Minimum age to drive is 18 years old. Minimum age to rent a car is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phone away unless it is hands-free. It is illegal to text and drive in Poland.
- Avoid drinking if you are driving. Permitted alcohol level driving 20 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- Speed limit is 50 km/k in urban areas, 90 km/h in rural areas and 120 km/h – 140 km/h in highways.
- Emergency phone is 112.
- Give way to emergency vehicles.
- In case you are in an accident or at least in the area, you must give first aid kit and stay on the scene.
Driving in the Winter
Winter in Poland is tolerable. You must have winter tires in all wheels from November to April. Snow chains are required in some regions.
Have a great and safe trip!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
Free International Replacement