Why carry an IDP while driving in Burundi?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Burundi highly recommends an International Driving Permit.Order my International Driving Permit Now
Driving Rules in Burundi
One of the hidden treasures of East Africa, Burundi is waiting for you. Take the most exciting adventures by hopping in with your own car. Check these traffic reminders to make your stay even better.
- Drive on the left side of the road.
- Minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phone away unless it is hands-free.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 80 mg per 100 ml of blood. If you exceeded, you’ll surely find yourself in jail for 24 hrs.
- The speed limit is 40 km/h in urban places and 60 km/h in rural areas.
- Take note of police phone number, it is 112.
- Third-party insurance is mandatory.
- Watch for police officers as they do random checks.
Driving in the Winter
Burundi is an African country so there is no winter here. Avoid travelling during the rainy season from December to February. Keep your emergency kits handy at all times. Plan your trip accordingly.
Enjoy your trip and have a safe travel!
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
1. Apply Online
Start your application for International Driver's License Get the IDP.
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Above and beyond service
At first I was disappointed in my order. Little did I realize the problem was caused by my own error. The Customer Service rep, who first addressed my issue, did not seem to address the issues. However, in a further exchange of emails, it was discovered where the problem was, in an error I made. Throughout the entire issue the customer service folks were courteous and helpful. The issue was finally resolved and the customer service people bent over backward to make sure I was satisfied. I am very pleased with the service I received
Trusted by thousands of clients from
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
+ International Replacement
- 100% money back guarantee
- Fast International Shipping
- Digital Version Delivered in 2 Hours or Less