Why carry an IDP while driving in DR Congo?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. DR Congo highly recommends an International Driving Permit.Order my International Driving Permit Now
Driving Rules in DR Congo
The Democratic Republic of Congo, also known as DR Congo, has some of the most beautiful forest and landscapes in the entire world. In case you must travel to DR Congo, be sure to use your own car for added protection and comfort. Keep in mind these reminders to help you plan your trip.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- You’re not allowed to drive in DR Congo. The car rental company will provide you with a driver.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Avoid drinking. The legal alcohol limit is 10 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 60 km/h in urban areas, 90 km in rural roads and 120 km/h on expressways.
- Check points will ask you to blow through a breathalyzer.
- Avoid going out at night.
- Road fatality is very high! Think twice about going to this country unless you really have to.
Driving in the Winter
There is no winter in DR Congo. Rainy season is tolerable as well. Be sure to prepare yourself well if you are really deciding to go on a trip.
Stay safe at all times!
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
1. Apply Online
Start your application for International Driver's License Get the IDP.
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Above and beyond service
At first I was disappointed in my order. Little did I realize the problem was caused by my own error. The Customer Service rep, who first addressed my issue, did not seem to address the issues. However, in a further exchange of emails, it was discovered where the problem was, in an error I made. Throughout the entire issue the customer service folks were courteous and helpful. The issue was finally resolved and the customer service people bent over backward to make sure I was satisfied. I am very pleased with the service I received
Trusted by thousands of clients from
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
+ International Replacement
- 100% money back guarantee
- Fast International Shipping
- Digital Version Delivered in 2 Hours or Less