Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Ghana?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Ghana highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Ghana
Looking for a good surfing destination? Then Ghana is where you want to be! This African country has one of the best surfing beaches in the world. Be sure to drive your own car to experience Ghana to the fullest. Here are a few reminders before you book your trip.
- Ghana drives on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Drink responsibly. The legal alcohol limit is 80 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 30 km/h in urban areas and 80 km/h on most highways.
- You are required to stop every 4 hours. Rest for a bit before continuing your trip.
- Be sure to have early warning devices, fire extinguisher, spare tire and first aid kit in your car at all times.
Driving in the Winter
Ghana is an African country so winter is not a problem. Be sure to plan your trip well so you will not travel during rainy season. As long as you have your emergency kits handy, you should be good to go.
Have a safe trip.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement