Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Egypt?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Egypt highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Egypt
Discover the land of ancient civilization. Egypt is the most prized destination for archaeologists and travelers alike. Explore the Great Pyramids, sphinxes and treasures from the ancient world. Driving your own car is the best way to enjoy your Egyptian journey. To ensure maximum experience, be sure to read these traffic guidelines.
- Egyptians drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 25 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for everyone.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 50 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in urban areas, 90 km in rural roads and 100 km/h on highways.
- Traffic lights are always out of order! Keep your eyes on the road to avoid accidents.
- Watch out for speed cameras!
- Third-party insurance is obligatory.
Driving in the Winter
Forget winter! Watch out for strong winds that carries sand. Be sure to wear eye and head protections whenever you’re outside. Keep a bottled drinking water in your car at all times.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement