Why carry an IDP while driving in Egypt?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Egypt highly recommends an International Driving Permit.Order my International Driving Permit Now
Driving Rules in Egypt
Discover the land of ancient civilization. Egypt is the most prized destination for archaeologists and travelers alike. Explore the Great Pyramids, sphinxes and treasures from the ancient world. Driving your own car is the best way to enjoy your Egyptian journey. To ensure maximum experience, be sure to read these traffic guidelines.
- Egyptians drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 25 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for everyone.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 50 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in urban areas, 90 km in rural roads and 100 km/h on highways.
- Traffic lights are always out of order! Keep your eyes on the road to avoid accidents.
- Watch out for speed cameras!
- Third-party insurance is obligatory.
Driving in the Winter
Forget winter! Watch out for strong winds that carries sand. Be sure to wear eye and head protections whenever you’re outside. Keep a bottled drinking water in your car at all times.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
1. Apply Online
Start your application for International Driver's License Get the IDP.
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Above and beyond service
At first I was disappointed in my order. Little did I realize the problem was caused by my own error. The Customer Service rep, who first addressed my issue, did not seem to address the issues. However, in a further exchange of emails, it was discovered where the problem was, in an error I made. Throughout the entire issue the customer service folks were courteous and helpful. The issue was finally resolved and the customer service people bent over backward to make sure I was satisfied. I am very pleased with the service I received
Trusted by thousands of clients from
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
+ International Replacement
- 100% money back guarantee
- Fast International Shipping
- Digital Version Delivered in 2 Hours or Less