Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Gambia?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Gambia highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Gambia
Do you want to see rare and exotic animals? Explore Gambia and discover this haven for wildlife. Travel safely around this country by driving your own car. Be sure to check these important reminders before heading out.
- You drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Drink responsibly. There is no legal alcohol limit in Gambia.
- The speed limit is 20 km/h in urban areas, 50 km in rural roads and 70 km/h on expressways.
- Third-party insurance is mandatory.
Driving in the Winter
Gambia is an African country so winter is not a concern. The best time to travel is from November to May when the rainy season is over. Be sure to keep your emergency kits handy at all times. Prepare yourself physically and mentally before your travel and you should be good!
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement