Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Madagascar?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Madagascar highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Madagascar
Do you enjoy nature and wildlife? Visit Madagascar and make your next experience amazing. Hop in to your car and enjoy this cool country to the fullest. Here’s a few reminder about Madagascar’s traffic rules.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- Minimum driving age is 18 years old. Minimum rental age is 23 years old.
- Seat belt is required.
- No phones allowed while driving.
- Drink moderately. Legal alcohol limit is 80 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- Speed limit is 50 km/h in urban areas and 60 km/h in rural areas.
- Road conditions are poor.
- Avoid driving at night.
Driving in the Winter
Madagascar has a tropical climate so winter is not a concern. Avoid traveling during rainy season from April to October. Keep your emergency kit at all times. Plan your trip accordingly.
Enjoy nature and safe travels!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement