Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Cameroon?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Cameroon highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Cameroon
Looking for an African trip? Take Cameroon under consideration. Driving your own car is not recommended. However, be sure to read these important guides in case you wish to explore Cameroon in your own car.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 16 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Drink responsibly. The legal alcohol limit is 80 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 60 km/h in urban areas and 110 km in rural roads. Cameroon has no highways.
- Watch out for traffic officers. Do not pay bribes.
- Be sure to have early warning device, reflective vest, fire extinguisher and first aid kit in your car at all times.
- Keep your eyes and ears on the road. Driving conditions are tough.
Driving in the Winter
There is no winter in Cameroon. However, do not travel during rainy season. Road conditions and poor drivers make driving extremely difficult, you would not want the weather to add to the challenge.
Plan your trip accordingly and stay safe!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement