Why carry an IDP while driving in Malawi?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Malawi highly recommends an International Driving Permit.Order my International Driving Permit Now
Driving Rules in Malawi
Discover Malawi and fall in love with its beauty. This little known African country is a good destination for diving and boating. Drive your own car for convenience and added safety. Be sure to check these reminders before heading out.
- Malawi drives on the left side of the road.
- The minimum age to drive is 18 years old. The minimum age to rent is 25 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL passengers.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Drink responsibly. The legal alcohol limit is 80 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- Speed limit in built up areas are 50 km/h on urban roads, 80 km/h on rural roads and 100 km/h on highways.
- Be sure to have early warning device, first aid kit in your car.
- Be attentive as police officers always do random checks.
- Avoid driving at night at unknown areas.
Driving in the Winter
There is no winter in Malawi. Avoid traveling during the rainy season from November to April. Keep your emergency kit at all times.
Enjoy Malawi and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
1. Apply Online
Start your application for International Driver's License Get the IDP.
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Above and beyond service
At first I was disappointed in my order. Little did I realize the problem was caused by my own error. The Customer Service rep, who first addressed my issue, did not seem to address the issues. However, in a further exchange of emails, it was discovered where the problem was, in an error I made. Throughout the entire issue the customer service folks were courteous and helpful. The issue was finally resolved and the customer service people bent over backward to make sure I was satisfied. I am very pleased with the service I received
Trusted by thousands of clients from
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
+ International Replacement
- 100% money back guarantee
- Fast International Shipping
- Digital Version Delivered in 2 Hours or Less