Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Malawi?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Malawi highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Malawi
Discover Malawi and fall in love with its beauty. This little known African country is a good destination for diving and boating. Drive your own car for convenience and added safety. Be sure to check these reminders before heading out.
- Malawi drives on the left side of the road.
- The minimum age to drive is 18 years old. The minimum age to rent is 25 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL passengers.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Drink responsibly. The legal alcohol limit is 80 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- Speed limit in built up areas are 50 km/h on urban roads, 80 km/h on rural roads and 100 km/h on highways.
- Be sure to have early warning device, first aid kit in your car.
- Be attentive as police officers always do random checks.
- Avoid driving at night at unknown areas.
Driving in the Winter
There is no winter in Malawi. Avoid traveling during the rainy season from November to April. Keep your emergency kit at all times.
Enjoy Malawi and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement