Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Benin?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Benin highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Benin
Experience Africa at its best. Benin offers great beaches and even floating villages! Interact with the people and be a part of the culture. Hop into a car and drive around this wonderful country. Take time to check some helpful road tips.
- Right side of the road driving.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 50 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in urban areas and 90 km/h in highways.
- Avoid bribery!
- Choose a four-wheel drive vehicle when renting a car.
- Be sure to have 2 early warning devices, first aid kit and fire extinguisher in your car at all times.
Driving in the Winter
Benin is a warm country so winter is the least of your concern. However, avoid visiting Benin during rainy season. Floods cover manholes and bumps, which can lead to accidents. Driving conditions are very challenging and roads can be inaccessible.
Have fun and travel safely!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement