Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Botswana?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Botswana highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Botswana
Go on a jungle safari and experience nature at its best. Visit Botswana and its wonderful green scenery. Drive your own car to explore one destination to another. These helpful tips will be sure to lead your journey on.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving and rental age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Drink moderately. However, it is best to avoid drinking outside at night.
- The speed limit is 30 km/h in urban areas, 60 km in rural roads and 120 km/h in highways.
- Rent a 4×4 car to maximize your driving experience.
- Best time to travel is from May to August.
Driving in the Winter
Botswana is a tropical, warm country. Winter is the least of your concern. Rainy season is not as challenging as other warm countries. However, be sure to have emergency kits in your car at all time. It is good to be current with your vacations before visiting as well.
Have a safe and fun trip!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement