Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Burkina Faso?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Burkina Faso highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Burkina Faso
Discover the rarely seen beauty of Burkina Faso. This country is known for unexplored ancient ruins. Drive your own car to get to one place to another! Check out traffic rules that may come in handy.
- Burkina Faso is a right-hand drive country.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is not required.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Drunk driving is legal in Burkina Faso. However, please drink and drive responsibly.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in urban areas and 90 km in rural roads.
- Watch out for incoming vehicles. There are almost no traffic lights in this country.
- Avoid driving at night. Locals can be hostile during evenings.
Driving in the Winter
Burkina Faso is located in Africa so winter is not a concern. Avoid travelling during rainy season. The weather and road conditions are very dangerous. Rainy season starts from June and last until September so plan your trip accordingly!
Have fun and drive safely.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement