Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Ivory Coast?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Ivory Coast highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Ivory Coast
Ivory Coast is an ideal place for outdoor activity lovers! You can hike the mountains, slide the waterfalls and see wildlife in their natural habitat. The best way to explore this country is by driving your own car. Be sure to orient yourself with the traffic laws in Ivory Coast.
- Ivory Coast is a right-hand drive country.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- There is no national law regarding child safety. However, child-restraint is recommended.
- You can use your phones while driving. Just be sure to keep your eyes on the road.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 80 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 60 km/h in urban areas.
- Watch out for potholes.
- Avoid driving at night due to poor lighting and visibility.
- Beware of unofficial roadblocks!
Driving in the Winter
Ivory Coast is an African country so winter is not a concern. You should avoid travelling during rainy season from May to November. Be sure to keep your emergency kits handy at all times.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement