Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Rwanda?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Rwanda highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Rwanda
Engage with nature and be friend with Gorillas. Take the most exciting adventures by hopping in with your own car. Check these traffic reminders to make your stay even better.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- Minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for everyone.
- Hands-free is a must. Take your phone away unless hands-free.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 80 mg per 100 ml of blood. If you exceeded, you’ll surely find yourself in jail for 24 hrs.
- The speed limit is 40 km/h in urban places and 60 km/h in rural areas.
- Take note of police phone number, it is 112.
- Third-party insurance is mandatory.
- Watch for police officers as they do random checks.
Driving in the Winter
Rwanda is an African country so there is no winter here. Avoid travelling during the rainy season from December to February. Keep your emergency kits handy at all times. Plan your trip accordingly.
Enjoy your stay and have a safe travel!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement