Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Algeria?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Algeria highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Algeria
It may be in North Africa but Algeria is not what it seems. Algeria features many French architecture and sights. The local cuisine is amazing! Explore this great country through your own car. Take note some of the tips to maximize your vacation.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 17 years old. The minimum rental age is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Avoid drinking if you are driving. The legal alcohol limit is 10 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in urban areas, 80 km in rural roads and 110 km/h in most expressways.
- Third-party insurance is mandatory.
- Avoid driving in the desert alone!
Driving in the Winter
Algeria has a hot climate. Winter and snow is not a concern. The desert is a challenge you must avoid. Be prepared at all times. Keep a bottled drinking water in your car.
Enjoy your visit and stay safe!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement