Why carry an IDP while driving in Guinea-Bissau?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Guinea-Bissau highly recommends an International Driving Permit.Order my International Driving Permit Now
Driving Rules in Guinea-Bissau
Guinea-Bissau is known for its natural resources and wildlife. This country is filled with beautiful scenery. Drive your own car to discover Guinea-Bissau on your own terms. Take time to check these tips before you head out.
- You drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Avoid drinking if you are driving. The legal alcohol limit is 15 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 60 km/h in urban areas.
- Avoid travelling to Casamance region! It is not safe.
- Only drive on main roads. There are land mines scattered around Guinea-Bissau.
- Do not drive at night. The absence of electricity makes visibility very difficult.
Driving in the Winter
Guinea-Bissau does not have winter. However, do not travel during rainy season from July to September. Road conditions are tough as it is. Plan your trip accordingly.
Keep safe at all times!
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
1. Apply Online
Start your application for International Driver's License here.
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
+ International ReplacementOrder my International Driving Permit Now
- 100% money back guarantee
- Fast International Shipping
- Digital Version Delivered in 2 Hours or Less